суббота, октября 07, 2006

Happy birthday to me

It was my birthday on the 3rd (tuesday). Since it's a weekday, since it's Ramadan, all I did was nothing. I don't usually celebrate my birthday anyway. I feel it's a day to reflect over the past year, meet up a few close friends, enjoy a nice quiet night and a chat then go home a sleep because the next day is no different from any other days.

So this time it was quieter because I couldn't meet up anyone for lunch. I stayed in school giving the students extra lessons as their exams were on thursday. Then I dropped by the russian restaurant to meet up with the russians and I received flowers. Tradition. Haha... I just called to say I'm dropping by, which I do ever so often. It was surprising they had flowers and kisses awaiting my arrival. It's sweet they remembered it. We just sat and chatted while I waited for maghrib. I broke my fast with porridge, my friend got me from the Masjid Sultan nearby.

Then I walked down Arab St to meet a good friend I haven't met in months at the arabic 'cafe'. We had a nice quiet chat and Fazrul joined us after his classes. I took the cab home because I didn't want to walk around with flowers. If you didn't know, I am not really a 'girly' girl. It's a bit embarrassing. Haha... Also, I was tired. I reached home by midnight, washed up, and read a little before I slept. The next few weeks will be a trying time for me. Right now, I have got to mark the geography paper for the whole level. Insyaallah I can do it by tuesday.

Next in line: exams.

Since I cannot get off from school during the Eid period, I doubt I can make it up north, guys. I have to go through the examination papers with the students in that period. =(

I pray that I have the strength to run this final leg of the race. I'll be officially unemployed with paths to pave come 20th Dec. Insyaallah I can make it.

To all of you, I apologise for being so out of touch. I try with the little time I have.

God bless.

:-)