пятница, мая 14, 2004

Sigh...

This whole week, I've been trying to adjust my template and it's beautiful... except that everytime I edit it on blogger, the image screws up :-( It doesn't appear at all... So I cannot use that new template of mine. It's frustrating cos I put in so much time to figure it out. (I learnt html years ago when internet was getting a boost, it's quite complicated now) Oh well, back to my boring stories.

If u're interested in the Singapore history, or wished Singapore is called N***k (pardon my vulgarity, quite an apalling word), u should read this entry. It's written by a local writer.

I have been watching the American Idol on and off and today, the 2 black women are in the bottom two. Is it a racist poll or more like a righteous one, where a black shouldn't be the American Idol?

Speaking of which, the pictures televised on the news channels, spread out in the papers now and then is sickening. I'm talking about the Iraqi abuse and lately, the decapitated American. When I say sickening, of course I meant sick to the stomach but also of the mass broadcast of the news. It's as though both sides are gaining sympathy, in a way... kinda pathetic, and sadistic. Whatever it is, neither sides are correct (morally, that is). Was it Ghandi that said that nonviolence is more difficult than fighting with weapons? (I'm not sure what exactly he said though) Maybe both sides are cowardly and unsure of what they want so they can play hide and seek or cat and mouse, instead of discussing peacefully. Of course, easier said than done. I studied history (at GCSE) and observed that those who don't compromise, fight. What we should not do is to generalise all Americans are dumbasses and all Arabs (specifically Muslims) as terrorists. That is very wrong. It is dumb to generalise. As it is, not all Americans supported the 'war against terror'. And of course, not all Arabs wield smuggled kalashnikovs or have an intrinsic desire to explode *solid matter from within. It's a dumb world. Oops... I shouldn't generalise the world as dumb as well!

*matter (science): all particles eg. humans, building, trains