среда, октября 27, 2004

Sissy ol' me.



How much I've grown... Well, physically, not much :-( unless you call fats growth, which scientifically, isn't. An increase in protoplasm, ie. protein, would be considered growth. Accumulation of physical weight due to water, carbo and fats is pretty much expansion. Ok, that's besides the point.

I am starting to lose my men-mind... or maybe gaining more women-mind! First of all, I bought a pretty black satin dress adorned with colourful butterfly prints. Lately, my collection of pink items have increased 3 folds. I wear my heeled boots, not the rugged ones. I straighten my fringe to look prissy and gone are the days with the rugged rock hairstyle... Although I haven't fallen into manicures and pedicures (mainly because I cook and do stuff with my hands which ruin the edges and stain the cuticles). I adorn myself with accessories. I wear less kohl to tone down my old "goth" look. I carry bags on my forearm to distribute the weight. I am staring to wear face powder. I start to nag my guy friends once in a while.

Yikes.

Ok, maybe I am a little off the scale than I used to be. At least I still listen to only rock, classical, blues and some jazz. At least my guy friends still think I'm one of them. At least I still read espionage thrillers and have not read a single romance novel (unless you consider the Rice's Vampire Chronicle romance!). Haha... sounds like an identity crisis or sort of a coming-of-age entry. Yes, I'm in denial! Fine, I admit I like pink except that I would rather be caught dead in it. I guess it's time to embrace the pinkies and the butterflies (shudder). It's like men's ego I tell you. To be critical of things pink, sissy and un-rock. For the ladies, I now have something to fight for when my guy friends tease me for wearing pink and flowers. It is not funny. Pink is a nice, like Pink Floyd and I'd like to Shine On You Crazy Diamond cos it's the Sunshine of Your Love. It's really like Nights in White Satin when the Sultans of Swing sing Proud Mary who isn't Down on the Corner of China Grove. I'm like a Free Bird on a Magic Carpet Ride. Who says I'm on a Highway to Hell when this Purple Haze is great?

See, I still rawk!


P/S: Purple, black and maroon are still my favourite colours, especially in that combination... not the lilac kinda purple though. However I'm collecting more whites and beige. Damn, do I sound ditsy? Do I? Do I?!!! See, only women can pull this off ;-)Posted by Hello