суббота, февраля 11, 2006

Thoughts

This week has been filled with regular blog postings.

Last night (morning), I couldn't sleep. I didn't want to play a game on my hp in case it got my brain excited so I did something dull by scrolling through my contacts and deleting obsolete contacts. When it came to T,
Tasha
Tok Ayah
Tok Bang
Tok Ti


Tok Ayah. Instinctively, in the mode that I was in, I was about to delete it. Then... A weird realisation fell upon my conscience. I couldn't bring myself to. It was like wiping out the trace of a material existence. I was overcome by confusion and sadness... and reality. No doubt, the number will no longer be in use.

I thought about the house, the one incentive to look forward to when I'm northbound. Then I thought about how often I have used that contact, that is, calling that number. I thought about the person, my hp contact, with that number. Tok Ayah.

I still don't refer to them as arwah or the late. Is this wrong?

It's really difficult putting my thoughts into words right now. If I delete, it's like the contact disappears into oblivion. And if I don't, it will constantly bug my conscience. It seems so wrong. Somewhat a taboo.

Maybe it bugs my conscience because I have less memories of him compared to everyone else. Yet I hold on to my hp contact, Tok Ayah, to remind me that he was material and that I connected to him. Maybe technology really creates more problems for us. Not one of difficulty but of ethics. Then again, I digress as always.

I did not delete this precious contact.

If Klang is no more, where do I go? There's no more a place, by default. It makes me feel so lost.

By the way, I took Tok Ayah's scented (something like minyak attar) tasbir home. Call it the subconscious or the spiritual, but my room was filled with that scent when I got home today. Of course it's unusual as it hangs on the shelf above my bed.

My mind is turbulent with mixed feelings right now and even with 3 hours of sleep last night (this morning), I still cannot sleep now which is why I decided to blog.

I hate to be so emo but this is actually something serious. Someone tell me I'm not going mad. It's overwhelming.

P/S: Somehow, a few of us have current entries on Tok Ayah, and mine is purely coincidental.