среда, февраля 18, 2004

Saturated

Monounsaturated, polyunsaturated or good old saturated butter? As u can see, my brain is over-saturated that I cannot even think straight at the moment. I've finally completed my lab report that required me to do so much reading I feel numb at the moment. This is horrible. At times like this, when I was back in Moscow, I'd be playing tavli (backgammon) with my greek friends over and over, over a glass (sometimes a couple) of frappe.

I don't read mags at all. They make me feel cheap, ugly and fat. How disgusting is that? Although I did subscribe to Discover but it burnt a hole in my pocket...

This brings me to another point. No one seem to put my looks to a race. In Russia, some thought I was Russian, Japanese, Thai, Chinese or Vietnamese. Back at home, no one can really tell what I am. Well, my ID card states Malay cos ur race follows ur dad's race and since my dad's followed my granddad's... I'm Malay. Whatever happened to the women?! So if my paternal great-grandmom is Dutch, maternal grandmom is Chinese-Javanese and maternal granddad is Javanese, does that make me, Malay/Javanese/Dutch/Chinese? What's all these racial classification anyway? It sucks. Everytime someone asks me what I am (referring to my race), I say, a citizen of the world.