пятница, февраля 20, 2004

The Sound of Music

My interest in music has not wavered since I started paying decent attention to it. It's all abt the emotions emanating from the very "song" itself. What genre am I talking abt?

CLASSICAL - the beautiful melodies and powerful voice of the tenor... u can picture a scene with every tune of it...
Likes Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and Pathetique, Mendelssohn, Mozart, Vivaldi, Strauss, Puccini's Nessun Dorma, etc.

ROCK - mainly classic rock with the original blues elements... and some hair metal rock... and also, "gothic" melodic.
Likes Led Zepp, Uriah Heep, CCR, Blue Oyster Cult, ACDC, KISS, Deep Purple, Bob Seger, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, REO Speedwagon, Cream, MSG, Whitesnake, Dream Theatre, Def Leppard, Marilyn Manson(old albums), Cradle of Filth, Rob Zombie, etc.

BLUES and some JAZZ. New Orlean's Jazz where blues became as it is and that cabaret jazz, mmm...

(CLASSICS) - some really really old songs way back from the '40s... like Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Astrud Gliberto, Andy Williams, etc.

Now u get the gist of my 'blaring' music.

When I was 4y/o, I was already thrown into Yamaha for those electone courses. Then I learnt the piano till grade 3 and the organ till grade 9. Of course including the sucky theory. I really hated it then... only after I managed to quit, did I regret doing so. Apart from that, my dad taught me how to play the violin which I so sucked at. I got a cousin to teach me the guitar once a while and after I can play it, I'll forget it a week later *bummer! Then again, anyone with a musical background can pluck out tunes... slowly... yes... slowly. I joined the band during the first 3 mths in college just to "master" the flute. I think I may have forgotten the fingerings... I'm not sure. Oh well... I occasionally play the piano now. Errm... I only play classical. Most of the scores I have are sonatas. And yes, my almost 20y/o Petrof may not be out of tune yet but it desperately needs servicing and polishing. I would love a baby grand though despite my lagging left hand! Such materials...